Monday, April 19, 2010

"Spag. & Meatballs"





This is another familiar dish I tried to rethink in a not so familiar way. First I made a clarification of marinara, it came out perfect, almost as clear as H2O but with all the flavor of the classic sauce! The meatballs are a combo of 3 meats (lamb, beef and bacon) that I hand chopped together, formed and slowly poached in a little of the marinara "water". Next I made a simple Parmigiano Reggiano cracker with a bite of garlic bread. The garlic bread was a cut of fresh Italian bread that was pan fried in extra virgin olive oil giving it an extra crispy exterior and a warm doughy interior, I topped that with a quenelle of roasted garlic puree, red pepper flake and parsley. The "Spag." for this dish was accually pearl pasta or Israeli couscous that was cooked in the marinara "water" impregnating each pearl with the flavor of marinara thus givnig the dish the feel of having a red sauce without a red sauce. I finished the dish by frying the balls in a little olive oil and the assemblyof the dish began! Time to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment