Monday, April 26, 2010

Triggerfish w/ Bacon

Here is a dish I enjoyed making. It was a part of a tasting menu I did for a newlywed couple the other day. This dish is full of local food stuff, the fish is from NC waters, and the sweet potatoes and asparagus are from a local farm. I first thinly sliced some applewood smoked bacon from the slab and layered it out onto some plastic wrap, next I layed the fish onto the bacon and covered the two with fresh tarragon leaves. I rolled that sucker tight and poached it in some warm water for about 15 min. I cooled it in an ice bath and began to cut portions.


I pan roasted the fish and bacon, made some chips of the sweet potatoes, cooked the asparagus in some butter, made a red wine shallot gastrique, plated and served.

No comments:

Post a Comment